No one needs to be told how a headache can impact their lives. We have all had them at one point or another, though some suffer from more frequent and more severe headaches. Migraine headaches can be particularly painful and debilitating. From over-the-counter pills, to prescription drugs, you have most likely turned to medications for treatment or relief of your headaches. One treatment you may not have tried is chiropractic care for your headaches. While it is not a cure-all for every type of headache, it may be a medication-free solution.
Types of Headaches
Not all headaches are created equal. There are many different types of headaches and even within the main types of headaches, the symptoms and severity differ from person to person. Below are the most common types of headaches with a brief explanation.
- Migraine Headaches: Can be incredibly intense and include physical debilitation such as vision loss and vomiting. Causes are also varied and include diet, tension in the neck, stress and your sleeping habits.
- Cluster Headaches: Similar to migraines, though shorter in duration, cluster headaches can cause severe pain and are generally felt on one side of the head.. The trigeminal nerve in the face is a major contributor to the occurrence of these headaches.
- Tension Headaches:: Most common type of headache and the cause is incredibly varied such as stress, hunger, lack of sleep, even posture.
- Rebound Headaches: These are headaches that are generally the result of overusing pain killers, similar to withdrawal.
- Sinus Headaches: Related to sinus congestion and inflammation and generally subside once sinus congestion is alleviated
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
The treatment of headaches in many cases may involve chiropractic care. Many of the types of headaches listed above have poor posture and muscular tension as the cause. If that is the case, then proper chiropractic care may be the treatment you need for your headaches. Chiropractic adjustment and spinal manipulation can help to relieve muscle tension, lead to better spinal health and reduce or stop certain types of headaches in certain individuals. Dr. Sabrina King can also provide you with exercises, stretching recommendations and tips for better posture while seated and standing to help provide long lasting relief from headaches without having to resort to medications.
Call Your Virginia Beach Chiropractor Today for Headache Treatment
You don’t have to accept the suffering and pain from headaches or severe migraines. We start with a free consultation to find the root of your headache problems and then develop a customized treatment plan to help give you back your life. Give us a call today for a free consultation. Our friendly staff is ready to take your call at (757) 340-2817.